Guide for PTA Device Registration – Verify Mobile!
So, you have got this message from 8484 and you are thinking you are in trouble or you are using an illegal mobile phone. That is not the case, this is just Pakistan Telecommunication Authority asking you to register your cellular devices, otherwise, you will be left nothing but a useless blocked mobile phone. The PTA has made it mandatory for every Pakistani to register their mobile phones. You need to verify the phone number and your device for further smooth usage.
PTA mobile registration and verification have become compulsory for every citizen a avoid any future mishap. In short, all your cellular gadgets need to be enrolled to prevent them from blocking.
Whether you’re an iPhone user or a Samsung user, either way, a PTA device registration is a must. And this doesn’t stop here, even the tablet and the laptop you are using come in this category and need to be registered for future correspondence, otherwise, your devices are high to devices.
What is DIRBS?
DIRBS stands for Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System, a framework designed by the PTA to confirm all your devices are registered. The key factor behind this idea is to ensure that the people are using those mobile phones or other cellular devices that are approved by the PTA to create such a system in which everyone smoothly operates legal devices and there is no illegal operation of any mobile networks. This way a peaceful ecosystem for mobile devices is guaranteed.
What is PTA IMEI Number?
Same as the car you drive has a number, the IMEI number is allotted to your mobile phone by the PTA. In that case, if your mobile phone gets blocked, just think about how you would be able to use it? You then cannot use it to connect with any mobile network and there will be no call services, neither you can make a call, nor you can receive any.
How to Go For PTA IMEI Check?
Before anything else, you need to check your PTA IMEI number. The easy ways to go for PTA IMEI check are:
- The first way is to dial *#06# on your mobile phone.
- The second way is clicking the Settings option of your mobile phone and go for the About Phone section.
- You can also find it on your mobile phone’s box.
- Also, if your mobile phone is supported with a removable mobile battery, take it out and find the IMEI information on it.
PTA Mobile Registration:
Now you know how important PTA device registration is and you cannot go on without it bumping yourself into a greater risk. Though you can easily find how to register your mobile phone with PTA on the PTA website, for a quick overview and stepwise pattern of device registration, the following three ways and guidelines will surely help you in registering your mobile device and use it without any fear of blocking away. You can verify phone number:
1. Using Your PTA IMEI Number:
When you send your PTA IMEI number to 8484 you will get any of the following operates of messages.
- IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on or before a particular date for auto registration.
- Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device and use them before a particular date to continue using this device.
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
2. Via PTA Website:
- Visit the PTA website and go on a device verification system.
- And you required is to write your PTA IMEI number in the given section and you are on.
3. Through PTA Mobile Application:
Also, the PTA has advanced with the mobile application for your ease.
- All you need is to download the PTA app from the Play Store named Device Verification System (DVS) – DIRBS Pakistan.
- Follow the instruction and verify through PTA IMEI number.